ICET Workshop: Getting started with Desire2Learn
Wednesday, September 3, 4:00 HEMPEL Collaboratory, MARKEE STUDENT CENTER
Desire2Learn is the Learning Management System (LMS) supported at UW-Platteville. This workshop is designed to introduce new users to this tool and provide some suggestions on how to start using an LMS. The News, Content and dropbox tools will be covered as well as information on course consolidation and import/export and copy components.
Who Should Attend
If you are not familar with Desire2Learn or if you have not or rarely use a Learning Management System, this workshop is designed for you. New instructors and adjunct instructors are encouraged to attend.
- Understand the purpose of a Learning Management System.
- Understand how content can be organized within a course.
- Log in and access a course shell.
- Understand the process to consolidate sections or add another instructor or student helper to a course.
- Understand the purpose of import/export/copy components.
- Add/update/remove a News item.
- Add/update/remove Content.
- Add/update/remove dropboxes for assignments.
Dr. Lisa M Landgraf
Director, Instructional Center for Educational Technologies (ICET)