Student Employment

Catering Services Student Employee

Student Employment positions are available to UW-Platteville students regardless of their financial aid status. A student must be enrolled for at least six credits during the fall and spring semesters to be eligible for student employment. For summer employment eligibility, contact Student Employment. Jobs are available both on and off campus and many employers hire through either Federal Work Study or Regular employment.

How do I apply for a Job?

  • First, determine if you qualify for Work-Study or Regular Payroll. If you are unsure, contact the Financial Aid Office, 608.342.1836 or, to help you determine what work type you qualify for.
  • Review the jobs available in the work type you qualify for by searching the Job Board. Job postings are updated often, so check back frequently.
  • Contact the person listed on the job postings of interest; you may be asked to complete a Student Employment Application.
  • If hired, obtain a work authorization from your supervisor, permitting you to work on campus. First-time student employees must also complete additional employment documents.

Prior to the release of the Work Authorization, a valid completed I-9 Form must be submitted to the Student Employment Office for approval along with acceptable identification and the student employee's Social Security card. International students must receive authorization from International Student and Scholar Services before completing the I-9 form.

Federal Work Study

Federal Work Study is awarded to students based on their demonstrated financial need using information from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Through this program, student wages are subsidized up to the amount listed in their financial aid award. Due to this subsidy, some employers require students with Federal Work Study awards and their job postings will state this. If a student does not qualify for Federal Work Study they may apply for positions listed as Regular. Students awarded Federal Work Study may apply for any position and will earn their award as wages paid biweekly.

Regular Student Employment

Regular student employment is similar to work study, however, students do not have to show financial need to be eligible. Hourly wage range is the same as work study.

Off-Campus Jobs

There are often part-time, off-campus jobs available in private businesses, industries, and homes in the Platteville area.

Employment DOCUMENTS:

NOTE: All documents are fillable pdf forms. Open with Mozilla Firefox browser.

New student employees must also provide acceptable identification with the Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification form (see instructions), and present their Social Security Card for payroll verification.

Lost or missing social security card? Request a replacement at the Social Security Administration website:

Student employees with subsequent on-campus positions will submit a new Work Authorization provided by the hiring supervisor and are not required to resubmit employment documentation. Changes may be made to direct deposit and employee withholding by completing and submitting new documents at any time.

Payroll Information:

Employment Policies:


  • Child Abuse and Neglect Mandatory Reporter Training Form. Must be completed within 30 days of employment and every 5 years thereafter. View this policy.
  • Title IX Training - Emailed from Workplace Answers eLearning. Must be completed within 30 days of notice.

HR Contacts


Human Resources

Staff Directory


Monday - Friday
Academic Year:   7:45 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Summer Hours:  7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.

2300 Ullsvik Hall
Fax: 608.342.1179

Human Resources
Tel: 608.342.1176

Affirmative Action
Tel: 608.342.1773

Payroll and Benefits

Tel: 608.342.1178

Student Employment
2300 Ullsvik Hall
Tel:  608.342.1174

Safety and Risk Management
Physical Plant
Tel: 608.342.1188