Non-Degree Seeking Admission


Students not seeking a master's degree who have earned a bachelor's degree from a nationally or regionally accredited institution recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) may register as special students. Application and registration as a special student are handled using the graduate registration form below:

Register Now!

Special students receive full academic credit for credit courses taken while they are on special student status. The special student may later be considered for admission into a degree program if a 3.00 grade point average has been maintained in all graduate-level work and all other admission requirements are met. With the program area's approval, a special student may transfer up to 12 credits earned at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville into a degree program. All graduate level work will be included in computing the student's academic average.

Graduate Studies: School of Grad Studies Contact

Contact Information

school of graduate studies

106 Brigham Hall
University of Wisconsin-Platteville
1 University Plaza
Platteville, WI 53818-3099

Tel: 608.342.1322
Fax: 608.342.1389

Note: The School of Graduate Studies is housed within the Registrar Office's suite at 101 Brigham Hall.

director, school of graduate studies

Director: Chanaka Mendis
Office: Ullsvik Hall
Tel: 608.342.1262

Footer Anchor