Committees At UW-Platteville
Academic Staff Committees
- Academic Staff Senate
- Committee for Elections and Appointments
- Personnel Commission
- Professional Development Committee
- Presidents' Council
- Residence Hall Association (RHA)
- Student Senate
- Segregated University Fee Allocation Commission (SUFAC)
- United Greek Council (UGC)
University Staff Committees
- Academic Information Technology Commission
- Assessment Oversight Commission
- Academic Planning Council
- Admissions and Academic Appeals Committee
- Appeals Commission
- Appointments and Elections Committee
- Bylaws Committee
- Complaints and Grievances Commission
- Faculty Senate
- General Education Committee
- Improvement of Learning Committee
- Research and Ethics Committee
- Student Discipline Appeal Tribunal
- Student Discipline Committee
- University Budget Commission
- University International Education Committee
- University Promotion Committee
- University Rank, Salary and Tenure Policy Commission
- University Undergraduate Curriculum Commission
Shared Governance affects all—including the administration, faculty, staff, and students. Issues ranging from compensation and classification, to input on leadership searches, to benefit changes are discussed and debated within the shared governance system.
- Talk with your department chair or a member of the committee, council, or senate about ways you might serve and to discuss your interest and service opportunities.
- Run for seat or volunteer and be a voice; vacancy announcements, nomination periods, and elections usually occur in February, March, and April.
- Check meeting times and attend a meeting to watch shared governance in action.
- Submit an idea or proposal for consideration.