Individual Travel Expense Report
- It is recommended that you first log in before you begin to complete the form below. If you do not first log in before you begin to complete the form, you will not be able to save unfinished drafts of the form and complete them in the future.
- Use the "Save Draft" button at the bottom of this form often so that you don't lose work. It is recommended that you save your current form each time you complete a section.
- For some expenses, you will be required to attach receipts or other documentation. You attach a document by uploading a file where prompted.
- The best file type to upload for receipts and other documentation is a PDF, but image files are also acceptable. (e.g. JPG, PNG, BMP, TIFF, etc.)
- For electronic receipts and other documents, you can create a PDF file by printing to PDF.
- For paper receipts and other documents, you can create a PDF version by scanning the documents to PDF files using a scanner. Many departments on campus have networked printer/scanners that make it very easy to scan a document to a file that is automatically e-mailed to an address that you specify. That file can then be attached to this form. See your department's printer/scanner expert for assistance.
- Don't have access to a scanner? You can use a phone camera. Just shoot a photo of the document using a phone camera so that the document takes up most of the photo and is as legible as possible, and then e-mail that photo to yourself so that you can attach the file to this form.
- If you need to upload multiple files at once, you can zip multiple files up into one zip archive file (e.g. MyFiles.zip) for easy uploading.
- If you need assistance with scanning, printing to PDF, or uploading files, please contact the Help Desk.
- After you submit the form, your supervisor and account manager will both receive e-mail notifications of your form submission, and they will be asked to approve your travel expense report by replying to the e-mail message with a short message indicating whether or not they approve of your travel expense report.
- In order to show your travel expense report to your supervisor and account manager before submitting the form, you should complete the form without submitting it, save it as a draft, and print the form for your supervisor to review, along with copies of any receipts. This is important because, when your supervisor and account manager receive their e-mail notification, they will not have full access to all attachments via e-mail.
- If you have any questions about the travel expense report form, please contact the Travel Office.