CSS to Hide Title
College of EMS Scholarships
The scholarships listed in this section are available to UW-Platteville continuing students in the College of EMS who meet the criteria specified. Note scholarship deadlines. Unless stated otherwise, the application deadline is March 1.
College of EMS Scholarships are separated into:
- General Engineering (any engineering program)
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Chemistry / Engineering Physics
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Microsystems and Nanotechnology
- Software Engineering
- Sustainable and Renewable Energy
Angus-Young Associates, Inc. Scholarship
- Minimum sophomore or junior majoring in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering with at least a cumulative GPA of 2.75. First preference: enrolled as full-time student in collaborative programs at UW-Rock. Second preference: enrolled as full-time student at UW-Platteville and resident of Rock County. Third preference: enrolled as part-time student in collaborative programs at UW-Rock.
Carl Veit Memorial
- Any engineering major.
Clyde & Deborah Holverson Engineering, Science & Technology Scholarship
- Pursuing a degree in engineering, science or technology, within the College of EMS. Preference given to students actively involved in STEM related student organizations such as First Robotics, SAE, etc.
- Senior student majoring in Engineering
Edmund Kalile Engineering Scholarship
- Any degree in the College of EMS. Preference given to any student who has served in the Armed Forces or is currently a member of the Armed Forces Reserves of National Guard.
Edward O. Busby & Lois E. Busby
- Junior status.
EMS Alumni Board Scholarship
- Any major within the College of EMS. Student must be a junior or senior standing with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.50. Leadership, extracurricular activities, community involvement.
Fred A. and Aural E. Giese Scholarship in Engineering
- Recipient shall be enrolled in his/her sophomore or junior year as an engineering major. Recipient shall be in the upper twenty percent of his/her engineering class. Must demonstrate financial need.
Frederick and Pauline Heiser Scholarship
- Must be a minority student (including women) pursuing a major within the College of EMS. Student must be a sophomore or junior standing with a cumulative GPA of at least a 2.50.
- Must be majoring in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering, Engineering Physics or minoring in Micro-Systems and Nanotechnology. Must have a a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
George Dobson Memorial
- Any engineering major
Harold "Hoot" and Ruth Goke Huttenburg Scholarship
- Recipient must be a student studying in any of the STEM fields who is a junior or senior and demonstrates financial need. Preference will be given to first generation students. This is a renewable scholarship if the criteria continues to be met.
- Participation in extracurricular activities and any engineering program.
James Franklin Bade Scholarship
- Must be pursuing a degree in engineering. Preference given to students from Waukesha or Walworth County.
James Goldberg and Joan (Brandt) Goldberg Memorial Scholarship
- Must have completed 30 credits, pursuing a degree in Engineering or Chemistry and WI resident.
James Harvey Hensley Scholarship
- Must have completed at least one year at UWP and have achieved at least sophomore status. Also, must have at least at 3.0 or higher GPA. Recipient shall be an officer of leadership or shall have previously served as an officer of or in a position of leadership in Phi Eta Sigma Honor Society
John and Barbara (Bishop) Boldt Scholarship
- Must be a Junior or Senior with a GPA of 2.5 or above. Must have declared a major in Engineering or Mathematics/Mathematics Education. Preference shall be given to qualified students majoring in Civil Engineering or Mathematics Education. Must be active in student or community service organizations.
John R. Williams
- Must be in good standing and pursuing an engineering degree.
John Deere Scholarship
- Students must be pursing a degree in one of the following majors: electrical, mechanical, industrial, software engineering, engineering physics or computer science. Must have a current GPA of 3.0 or higher and a sophomore standing. Preference shall be given to women and minority students.
Larry and Jennie Lynn Larson Scholarship
- Must be Junior standing (completed 60 credits by Fall semester), pursuing a degree in Engineering and demonstrate financial need. Preference given to students from Wisconsin.
- Any Engineering major.
Mary Cullen Ganshirt Scholarship
- Student pursuing a degree in computer science or engineering. Preferred student shall have been a graduate of Lafayette County Wisconsin high school. However, if there is no qualified applicant from Lafayette County Wisconsin, the scholarship shall be awarded to the most qualified student (as determined by the committee).
Mary Robinson Wagner Scholarship
- A female majoring in any of the engineering programs who are in a sophomore, junior or senior standing or engaged in an Engineering Masters program. Must have a GPA of least 3.0 in the major coursework and overall 2.75. Must display outstanding leadership, excellence in academics and extra-curricular activities.
Mert W. Bennett Engineering Scholarship
- Must have completed 30 or more credits, need to be from Black Earth or Mazomanie, WI, and majoring in any Engineering Program.
Meyers-Fairchild Engineer in Music Scholarship
- Must be a junior pursuing a degree in engineering. Must be a participant in one of the following: orchestra, wind ensemble or one of the top two mixed choirs. Must be in good academic standing.
Mike Laughrin Memorial
- Junior or senior, U.S. citizen and pursuing an engineering degree.
- Upperclassman, character and need and pursuing an engineering degree.
Nu Beta Housing, Incorporated Scholarship
- Student must be a sophomore, completed at least 30 credits and enrolled in the College of EMS. Must demonstrate leadership and academic skills.
Paul "Pug", Agnes and Ronald Faherty Scholarship
- Engineering majors participating in extracurricular activities.
Presto Foundation Engineering Scholarship
- Student that is either sophomore, junior or senior and is pursuing a degree in one of the following majors: Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering. Recipient must have cumulative GPA of 3.0 with an 3.5 in all their declared major courses. Must demonstrate engineering aptitude through work or hobby-related activities. Must be a U.S. citizen and full-time student.
Robert P. Hlavac Memorial
- Major in engineering, no GPA stipulation, no class/year stipulation.
- Any engineering major. One must have financial need and demonstrate capability and leadership.
The Minotte Perseverance Scholarship
- The recipient must have completed at least 26 credist and be majoring in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering. Preference will be given to a first generation student who exhibits a strong desire to attain an undergraduate degree despite hardships and to a student who is actively involved in the UW Platteville campus community.
The Ralph Family Scholarship
- Recipient will have completed their junior year with a GPA of 3.25 or higher and majoring in Mechanical, Civil or Electrical Engineering. Also show good academic standing with the university and demonstrate leadership and involvement in extracurricular activities.
Unison Solutions Scholarship
- Student must be from Dubuque, IA or from the tri-state area majoring in engineering.
Ward Beetham Memorial
- Financial need, exceptional desire to learn, passion for technical subjects.
William D. Kent
- Sophomore with a 2.0+ GPA and pursuing an engineering degree.
Wisconsin Renewable Energy Scholarship
- Preference given to students from Iowa County, WI pursuing a degree in Renewable Energy. Also available to students who are from Grant, Lafayette, Sauk or Richland Counties in WI pursuing a degree in Renewable Energy.