Scholarships BILSA Media Studies
CSS to Hide Title
College of BILSA Scholarships
The following Media Studies Scholarships are available to students with majors or minors in Media Studies or a related field. A student must have completed 1 semester on campus, be a full-time student and pursuing a degree on campus. To apply for the scholarships below, complete the Continuing Student on-line application, which is due March 1st.
Dr. George Smith WSUP Broadcasting Scholarship
- One must be a WSUP staff member and in good academic standing. Must write a 600 word or less on “How their experience in radio will enhance their career options”.
Lucas Smith Memorial Scholarship
- One must be a Radio/TV major and be in his/her junior class. The award shall be based on the student's academic performance, involvement in campus activities and financial need.
Paul Gauger Memorial Scholarship
- One must be an active member of WSUP radio. The recipient shall have provided meritorious service to WSUP radio. One must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Preparing for a career in print communications, involvement with student publications, academic achievement.
The Robert & Mary Bodden Memorial Scholarship
- Must be a Junior or Senior majoring in Media Studies with a preference for a minor in broadcasting. Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher and from the Tri-State area. Preference given to a student who actively volunteers time for others