High School Mathematics Contest
FUTURE CONTEST: Wednesday, November 7, 2018
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville Mathematics Department will be holding the 46th Annual High School Mathematics Contest on Wednesday, November 7, 2018. The contest recognizes outstanding high school students and stimulates mathematical interest at the high school level.
2017 Contest Results
Approximately 760 students from 42 high schools in Southwestern Wisconsin, Eastern Iowa, and Northwestern Illinois formed 63 teams and participated in the 2017 contest. Teams were divided by high school enrollments.
- Division I participating schools included Des Moines Central Academy and Junior Academy, Des Moines East, Des Moines Hoover, Des Moines Lincoln, Des Moines North, Des Moines Roosevelt, Dubuque Hempstead, Iowa City West, Linn-Mar and Verona.
- Division II participating schools included Baraboo, Dodgeville, Monroe, Platteville, Portage, River Valley, West Salem, Western Dubuque, and Wahlert.
- Division III participating schools included Belleville, Bellevue, Cascade, Clinton, Cochrane-Fountain City, Lancaster, Lena-Winslow, New Glarus, Prairie du Chien, Stanley-Boyd, Viroqua and Westby.
- Division IV participating schools included Albany, Cashton, Ithaca, Juda, Kickapoo, Mineral Point, Monticello, Pecatonica, River Ridge (IL), and River Ridge (WI).
Plaques were awarded to the top three schools in each division and an All-Academic Team was selected to honor individual contestants. The All-Academic Team members received medals and t-shirts. Plaque winners included:
- Division I: Iowa City West (first place), Des Moines Roosevelt (second place), and Linn-Mar (third place).
- Division II: Western Dubuque (first place), Platteville (second place), and Wahlert (third place).
- Division III: New Glarus (first place), Belleville (second place), and Prairie du Chien (third place).
- Division IV: River Ridge, Illinois (first place), Mineral Point (second place), and Albany (third place).
Review the exams and answers from previous contests.
|Year||Level 1 - Individual||Level 1 - Team||Level 2 - Individual||Level 2 - Team|
|2017||Exam | Answers||Exam | Answers||Exam | Answers||Exam | Answers|
|2016||Exam | Answers||Exam | Answers||Exam | Answers||Exam | Answers|
|2015||Exam | Answers||Exam | Answers||Exam | Answers||Exam | Answers|
|2014||Exam | Answers||Exam | Answers||Exam | Answers||Exam | Answers|
|2013||Exam | Answers||Exam | Answers||Exam | Answers||Exam | Answers|
|2012||Exam | Answers||Exam | Answers||Exam | Answers||Exam | Answers|