Explore Engineering, Mathematics and Science Living Learning Community
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is proud to offer a Living Learning Community (LLC) for all freshman students in the College of Engineering, Mathematics and Science (EMS) who are interested in exploring career opportunities in EMS fields. The EMS LLC is located in the newly renovated Dobson Hall.
Welcome to the Explore EMS LLC!
An LLC is a group of students that live together in a residence hall and focus on a particular area of interest. The Explore EMS LLC is a stimulating living environment for new freshman students in the College of EMS who are interested in learning more about EMS career opportunities as well as professional and social development. Maybe you are undecided in the College of Engineering, Mathematics and Science. Maybe you have declared a specific major, but you are interested in confirming your major or exploring other majors. You are in the right place; this is the LLC for you!
Our Explore EMS Living-Learning Community will help in your transition to college life and provide an opportunity for you to develop meaningful friendships with others who have similar academic goals. Students will build strong personal and academic networks with each other and with College of EMS faculty and professionals. This LLC is dedicated to providing you with career exploration and guidance by educating you on the career opportunities that arise from College of EMS majors.
You must be an incoming fall 2018 freshman in the College of Engineering, Mathematics and Science to join the Explore EMS LLC.
As a member of the Explore EMS LLC, you will have many unique opportunities, including:
• Touring company facilities
• Enhancing academic and social opportunities
• Greater involvement in learning
• Increasing satisfaction with your UW-Platteville experience
• Friendships with classmates who may be in the same classes and academic programs
• Building stronger academic relationships and better connections with College of EMS faculty members and professionals
Activities and events in the LLC are designed to build connections between LLC members and faculty, help members explore careers in EMS and grow personally and professionally. Activities and events may include:
• Study groups with students who have the same classes (a favorite among LLC members!)
• Interactive events with industry professionals and EMS faculty
• Presentations and workshops on academic and campus involvement, career exploration, résumé building, and interviewing
• Community and campus service projects
• Social activities on and off campus
Fall 2018 freshmen in the College of Engineering, Mathematics and Science
1. Be sure to check Explore EMS LLC (Dobson Hall) as your preference on your housing application
2. Submit your housing application and deposit to Residence Life
3. Complete the online Explore EMS LLC Registration webform
4. Mail the $100.00 LLC fee to the address below:
University of Wisconsin-Platteville EMS LLC
Attention: Carrie Cullen
1 University Plaza
Platteville, WI 53818
In order to provide events throughout the year, all LLC members are required to pay a $100 participation fee. The deadline to receive the $100 LLC fee is May 15, 2018. Scholarships are available based on financial need. Spots may be given to other students on the waiting list if payment is not received by the deadline. You are not officially in the LLC until payment has been received and a confirmation letter has been sent.
Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis for any eligible conditionally admitted student. There are 52 spots in the LLC.
If you decide not to attend UW-Platteville or choose not to be in the Explore EMS LLC after you have signed up, you may request a refund of your $100 fee, minor a $10 processing fee, by emailing email@example.com. The deadline to request a refund is May 15, 2018. After May 15, no refunds will be given.
Once a student leaves the LLC, they will no longer be part of the community. The $100 programming fee is not pro-rated nor refunded.
Applications for the wait list are considered on a first-come, first-served basis. You will be notified if a spot is available in the LLC. Unless you are notified, please do not send in your $100 deposit.