Collaborative Engineering Program Admissions
Prior to applying to the University of Wisconsin-Platteville, contact Kristi Gimmel Becker at email@example.com or 608.342.6059 to discuss your intended major, specific courses that you have completed, and which courses will be available for the upcoming semester.
Please note that an Associate of Arts or Science is not a prerequisite for applying to UW-Platteville; however, it must be earned to complete UW-Platteville's general education and pre-engineering requirements.
If you are a transfer student you will be considered for admission to UW-Platteville if you meet the following requirements:
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher in college transfer courses
- In good academic standing at the intitution you are currently attending or last attended
- Have 12 or more transferrable credits from an accredited institution
The transfer of any credits into the electrical or mechanical engineering program must be approved by the department chair and must follow the specific requirements of each engineering program. Credits may be accepted from all properly accredited four-year or two-year institutions recognized by the Council for Higher Education. Generally, a maximum of 72 credits will be accepted from two-year institutions. Transfer credits from the Wisconsin Technical College System are based on the Transfer Information System administered by UW System Administration in cooperation with the Wisconsin Technical College System. Credits are not accepted for transfer from vocational, remedial, doctrinal, or unapproved technical institutions.
If you are transferring from a program that is not ABET-accredited, you may be required to substantiate your expertise in the topics in question.
To see if your previous coursework will transfer to UW-Platteville, click here.
Once you have been advised to apply, it is recommended that you begin the application process early. To ensure an admission decision for the desired semester, please submit your completed application and supporting materials by the following dates:
|Fall Semester||Spring Semester|
|Recommended deadline to begin the application process||July 1||October 1|
|Admission deadline||August 1||November 1|
|Registration deadline||August 15||December 1|
Before you are considered for admission, all the required items listed below must be received by UW-Platteville by the appropriate deadline. If the deadline passes and the required items have not been received, contact Kristi Gimmel Becker at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608.342.6059.
- Applying to: UW-Platteville
- Reason for Applying: Collaborative Engineering Program
- UW-Platteville Undergraduate Programs: Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering at UW-Fox Valley, UW-Rock County, or Streaming Video at UW-Fox Valley or UW-Rock County
*Please call or email the contact above if your current transfer institution is not listed here.
Official Transcripts and Scores submitted to the UW-Platteville Office of Admission and Enrollment Services
- High school transcripts
- Postsecondary transcripts from all colleges and universities attended or currently attending, including a current transcript from UW Colleges or Madison College, if applicable.
Application Fee of $45
- The application fee will be waived for students who transfer directly from UW Colleges or who have previously attended UW-Platteville as a degree-seeking student.