ADMINISTRATION - Part 1
UW-Platteville Mission Statement, Administration, Board of Regents, Orgainizational Charts, and Sources of Information at UW-Platteville
FACULTY & STAFF - Part 2
Faculty and Academic Staff Responsibilities, Faculty and Academic Staff Privileges, Policy Statements
CALENDARS & COMMITTEES - Part 3
Calendars, Committee Structure
BYLAWS - Part 4
Faculty Handbook, Academic Staff Constitution, Academic Staff Bylaws
WISCONSIN ADMINISTRATIVE CODE - Part 5
Wisconsin Administrative Codes
The University Of Wisconsin System Mission Statement
The mission of this system is to develop human resources, to discover and disseminate knowledge, to extend knowledge and its application beyond the boundaries of its campuses, and to serve and stimulate society by developing in students heightened intellectual, cultural, and humane sensitivities; scientific, professional, and technological expertise; and a sense of value and purpose. Inherent in this broad mission are methods of instruction, research, extended education, and public service designed to educate people and improve the human condition. Basic to every purpose of the system is the search for truth.
The Core Mission Of The University Cluster
As institutions in the University Cluster of the University of Wisconsin System, the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, the University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse, the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, the University of Wisconsin-Parkside, the University of Wisconsin-Platteville, the University of Wisconsin-River Falls, the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, the University of Wisconsin-Stout, the University of Wisconsin- Superior, and the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater share the following core mission. Within the approved differentiation stated in their select missions, each university in the Cluster shall:
- Offer associate and baccalaureate degree level and selected graduate programs within the context of its approved mission statement.
- Offer an environment that emphasizes teaching excellence and meets the educational and personal development needs of students through effective teaching, academic advising, counseling, and through university-sponsored cultural, recreational and extracurricular programs.
- Offer a core of liberal studies that supports university degrees in the arts, letters, and sciences, as well as specialized professional/technical degrees at the associate and baccalaureate level.
- Offer a program of pre-professional curricular offerings consistent with the university's mission.
- Expect scholarly activity, including research, scholarship and creative endeavor, that supports its programs at the associate and baccalaureate degree level, its selected graduate programs, and its approved mission statement.
- Promote the integration of the extension function, assist the Unversity of Wisconsin-Extension in meeting its responsibility for statewide coordination, and encourage faculty and staff participation in outreach activity.
- Participate in interinstitutional relationships in order to maximize educational opportunity for the people of the state effectively and efficiently through the sharing of resources.
- Serve the needs of women, minority, disadvantaged, disabled, and nontraditional students and seek racial and ethnic diversification of the student body and the professional faculty and staff.
- Support activities designed to promote the economic development of the state.
The Select Mission Of The University Of Wisconsin-Platteville
In addition to the system and core missions, the University of Wisconsin-Platteville has the following select mission:
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville provides Associate, Baccalaureate, and Master’s degree programs in a broad spectrum of disciplines including: science, technology, engineering, and mathematics; criminal justice; education; business; agriculture; and the liberal arts. We promote excellence by using a personal, hands-on approach to empower each student to become broader in perspective, intellectually more astute, ethically more responsible, and to contribute wisely as an accomplished professional and knowledgeable citizen in a diverse global community.