UW-Platteville Mission Statement, Administration, Board of Regents, Orgainizational Charts, and Sources of Information at UW-Platteville
Faculty and Academic Staff Responsibilities, Faculty and Academic Staff Privileges, Policy Statements
Calendars, Committee Structure
Faculty Handbook, Academic Staff Constitution, Academic Staff Bylaws
Wisconsin Administrative Codes
Chapter II: Structure of the Academic Staff Personnel Commission
2.01 Personnel Commission
The Personnel Commission of the Academic Staff Senate is established by the Academic Staff Bylaws in Part II, Article II. The primary purpose of the Personnel Commission is to review any personnel policies or procedures affecting academic staff members and to make recommendations to the Academic Staff Senate. Specifically, the Personnel Commission shall:
- Review academic staff personnel policies and procedures and make recommendations to the Academic Staff Senate concerning interpretations or revisions.
- Review the implementation of the academic staff titling system decisions to ensure internal equity and application of consistent principles for the maintenance of the UW-System Unclassified Title and Salary structure.
- Serve as the first hearing body, following appropriate administrative review, on any academic staff personnel complaint or grievance.
- Serve as the academic staff affirmative action committee.
- Serve as an appeal panel for any academic staff appeal of a denial of a requested retitling or promotion made at the level of the Director of Human Resources or appropriate administrative officer.
2.02 Membership of the Personnel Commission
The membership of this commission shall consist of one representative from each of the five service areas of the academic staff, an academic staff member who is appointed at-large, one member of the Academic Staff Senate, the UW-Platteville Director of Human Resources (ex-officio), and the UW-Platteville Affirmative Action Officer (ex-officio). The Academic Staff Senate representative is a voting member of this committee. The Commission shall annually select a chairperson, vice-chairperson and secretary from the members of the Commission.