CSS to Hide Title
Welcome to the English Language Program (ELP)!
The mission of the English Language Program at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville is to provide international and domestic students and academic scholars English language courses and resources in listening comprehension, speaking communication, reading, writing and intercultural understanding needed to improve English Language proficiency to achieve academic goals and professional success.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROGRAM GOALS & OBJECTIVES Promoting Academic Success
- Provide English language courses tailored to extend the abilities of individual learners
- Provide multiple authentic context-based English language learning opportunities at the University and in the community
- Help English language learners to expand their cross-cultural understanding and identify development while adapting to campus, local, regional and national culture while using the English language
- Engage English language learners in study strategies and critical thinking activities especially in reading, writing and presentation assessments to support academic success
- Guide learners with multiple practice opportunities and assignments to improve their socio-cultural English language communication abilities in social, academic, and professional context