USP Suva, Fiji
UW-Platteville Education Abroad has been helping students from across the United States study at the University of the South Pacific (USP) since 2006. Since then, students from more than 25 universities nationwide have chosen to study abroad in Suva, Fiji through UW-Platteville Education Abroad. Today, students can study at USP for:
- an academic year
- a fall semester
- a spring semester
- a calendar year
USP is a public research university owned by the governments of 12 member nations: the Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu. With a student population of 22,000, USP attracts students from the South Pacific, Asia, and Europe, bringing a unique international perspective to USP. Areas of study include:
- Business, Economics, and Management: Accounting, Banking, Economics, Finance, Human Resource Management and Employment Relations, International Business Marketing, Management and Public Administration, Public Sector Management
- Communications: Information Systems, Journalism
- Cultural Studies and Language: Pacific Studies, Pacific Language Studies
- Education: Education, Technical and Vocational Education
- Engineering and Computer Science: Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology
- Literature: Literature and Language, Pacific Literature
- Mathematics: Mathematics, Statistics
- Science: Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, Geography, Physics, Marine Studies
- Social Sciences: Development Studies and Governance, History, Politics, Population and Demography, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work
- Tourism: Tourism Studies
USP’s largest campus is the Laucala Campus hosts 11,000 students in Fiji’s capital city, Suva, on the island of Viti Levu. The Laucala Campus consists of two campuses, upper and lower, and is approximately 10 minutes by bus from central Suva. Suva city offers a wide variety of shops, restaurants, nightlife, cafes, pubs, theatres, and open markets, and there is a range of outdoor activities such as surfing, hiking, and swimming to be done just outside of the city. With a population of 172,000, Suva has all of the advantages of a big city while still maintaining Fijian charm and culture.
To learn more about the University of the South Pacific, visit their website: http://www.usp.ac.fj/.
Study abroad in Fiji through UW-Platteville Education Abroad—If not now, when?
Your Fijian adventure awaits!