UoN Newcastle, Australia
UW-Platteville Education Abroad has been helping students from across the United States study at the University of Newcastle (UoN) since 2007. Since then, students from more than 25 universities nationwide have chosen to study abroad in Newcastle, Australia through UW-Platteville Education Abroad. Today, students can study at UoN for:
- an academic year
- a fall semester
- a spring semester
- a calendar year
UoN is an Australian public university established in 1965 comprised of five campuses. Conducting groundbreaking research in health and medicine, science and engineering, and energy and the environment, UoN consistently ranks in the top ten universities for research. And with a total enrollment of about 36,000, the 7,500 international students from 115 countries bring a unique international perspective to UoN. Areas of study include:
- Business, Economics, and Management: Accounting, Business, Economics, Industrial Relations and Human Resources, Marketing, Management, Operations Management
- Communications: Communications and Media Studies, Design, eBusiness, IT
- Cultural Studies and Language: Chinese, Film, Media and Cultural Studies, French, German, Japanese, Indigenous Studies, Latin, Linguistics
- Criminal Justice: Law, Legal Studies, Social Welfare Policy
- Design: Architecture and Building
- Education: Education, Speech Pathology
- Engineering: Chemical, Civil, Computer Science, Electrical, General, Mechatronics, Mechanical, Software, Surveying
- Health and Sport Science: Health Sciences, Human Biosciences, Medicine, Midwifery, Medical Radiation Science, Nutrition and Dietetics, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy, Public Health
- Literature: English
- Mathematics: Mathematics, Statistics
- Science: Biological Sciences, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Environmental Studies, Geoscience, Physics
- Social Sciences: Anthropology, History, Human Geography, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Religion and Theology, Social Science, Social Work, Society and Culture
- Tourism: Tourism
- Visual and Performing Arts: Fine Arts, Creative and Performing Arts, Music
Callaghan, the main and largest campus, is located in the Newcastle suburb of Callaghan, just seven miles from Newcastle city. The campus is comprised of over 345 acres of natural bushland and includes university buildings and lecture halls, sporting fields, a sports and aquatic center, and four residence halls. Newcastle city, which is easily reached by train from the UoN campus, has a population of over 155,000 and offers a range of shops, restaurants, pubs, cafes, museums, galleries, and nightlife. In addition, Sydney is just 101 miles, or two hours by train, away and can be easily been reached for a day or weekend trip.
To learn more about the University of Newcastle, visit their website.
Study abroad in Australia through UW-Platteville Education Abroad—If not now, when?
Your Australian adventure awaits!