Transfer students can study abroad! The Education Abroad office has a straight-forward application process and each year we have a number of transfer students on our programs. Be sure to talk with your academic advisor about what will work best for you.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- There are program options from a couple of weeks to one year, so there are durations available for all students.
- You can even study abroad your first semester at UW-Platteville as long as you meet the eligibility requirements.
- You will receive UW-Platteville credit for all course work completed on an education abroad program.
- You are able to do internships or student teaching abroad.
Questions to ask your academic advisor:
- What classes must I take on campus for my major?
- Are there any core or major requirements I can take abroad?
- What pre-requisite courses do I have to take, if any, and how will education abroad impact that?
- How many elective credits do I have remaining in my major? Are those elementary, intermediate, or advanced?
- Can I fulfill any breadth/depth requirements abroad? What would be best?
- How should I follow up with you as my study abroad plans are confirmed?