AUR Rome, Italy
UW-Platteville Education Abroad has been helping students from across the United States study at The American University of Rome (AUR) since 1999. Since then, students from more than 75 universities nationwide have chosen to study abroad in Rome, Italy through UW-Platteville Education Abroad. Today, students can study at AUR for:
- an academic year
- a fall semester
- winterim (j-term)
- a spring semester
- a summer
AUR is perched high above Rome on the Janiculum hill, just above the famous Trastevere district. Founded in 1969, AUR is one of the oldest degree-granting American universities in Italy. With a total enrollment of about 500 students, the university attracts students from 40 countries worldwide, bringing a unique international perspective to the campus. Areas of study include:
- Business, Economics, and Management: Accounting, Business, Economics, Finance, International Business, Management, Marketing
- Communications: Film and Digital Media, Communications
- Cultural Studies and Language: Arabic, Chinese, Italian Studies, Latin
- Literature: Classics, English
- Mathematics: Mathematics
- Social Sciences: Archeology, History, International Affairs, Political Science, Psychology, Religious Studies, Sociology
- Visual and Performing Arts: Art History, Fine Arts
Occuping a single, self-contained campus, AUR offers spectacular views of Rome. The campus includes two main buildings, a library, and gorgeous gardens and terraces for studying or enjoying conversations with classmates from around the globe. The surrounding neighborhood offers a range of shops, restaurants, pubs, and cafes, and all of Rome’s historic museums, theatres, monuments, and galleries are just a short bus ride away, making it easy to experience all that the city has to offer.
To learn more about The American University of Rome, visit their website.
Study abroad in Rome through UW-Platteville Education Abroad—If not now, when?
Your Italian adventure awaits!