UW-Platteville Education Abroad aims to offer UW-Platteville students a greater variety of program choices around the world by establishing affiliations and partnerships with other institutions, consortiums, and education abroad providers. Programs are available in a variety of locations around the world and range in length from two weeks (winterim, spring break, and summer) to a semester or year. If a student participates on an affiliate education abroad program, the student will:
- apply online through UW-Platteville Education Abroad.
- apply through the program provider (UW-Platteville Education Abroad will help coordinate the transfer of shared application requirements between applications).
- remain enrolled at UW-Platteville for the duration of the program.
- receive resident credit (not transfer credit).
- continue to receive financial aid from UW-Platteville.
- be eligible for the UW-Platteville International Study Grant.
Students participating on affiliate programs will be assessed an administrative fee by the UW-Platteville Education Abroad Office (due within two weeks of acceptance into the program) which covers: mandatory pre-departure orientation, re-entry session, eligibility for the UW-Platteville International Study Grant, general operating expenses, and support from UW-Platteville Education Abroad staff before, during, and after the program abroad.
Social and Environmental Justice Cooperative Field Experience
The SEJ Cooperative Field Experience is a community-based project that allows students to work abroad in a large range of fields that involves the practice of social justice and/or environmental studies. Find programs here...