Welcome to Dobson Hall
Dobson Hall, named after George R. Dobson and built in 1965, provides a living environment for men and women. Dobson is one of the larger residence halls on campus with approximately 320 residents. The hall is very active in hall and campus sponsored events. Each fall Dobson staff and residents host Trick or Treat, a safe Halloween event for the children and their families in the Platteville community. Over 300 families participate each year. During the spring semester, Dobson hosts Jail N Bail, an annual charity event, where students can "arrest" their friends and hall staff. The charities for the event are selected each year by the Dobson Hall Forum, the Hall Involvement Team
Happy December y'all!
Snowflakes in the air! Can you believe that finals are right around the corner? What an exciting time!
Remember | to do the following
- Read your “Safety e-mail” regarding the prevention of spreading illnesses.
- Be on the lookout for “Snowmergency” information. This will provide you instructions on where you are allowed to park during the snow removal operation on campus.
- Take a look at the Dobson Facebook Page in order to receive the most up to date events happening around campus.
- Attend your Mandatory Wing Meeting with your RA to receive the most detailed closing information.
Winter Break | See you next year!
- 24 Hour Quiet Hours begin Sunday, December 17th at 1:00 am
- Dobson Hall closes at 6:00 pm on Friday, December 22nd
Before leaving for beak Please do the following:
- Unplug electronic devices
- Turn off alarm clocks
- Close all windows and drapes
- Turn off all lights
- Remove all trash
- Unplug and Defrost refrigerators
- Lock doors
- Return text books
Safety Tip of the Month | Prevent the Illness
Practicing good hygiene habits is the first step to preventing the spread of illness. Be sure to wash your hands regularly to avoid the spread of germs. If you are not feeling well, be sure to take good care of yourself by getting plenty of rest, washing your hands, and seeking professional help if your illness continues.
Student Health Services on campus offers free flu shots to all students, so take advantage of this if you haven’t yet!
If you ever have questions throughout the school year, do not be afraid to talk to your RA. That's what they are here for!
Hall Involvement Team | Meeting every other Monday
The Hall Involvement team will be hosting meeting every other Monday at 9:15 pm in the Multi-Purpose Room in the basement of Dobson (right off of the kitchen). If you would like to help plan building wide programs, or have suggestions stop by the meetings – we would love your input.
Don’t forget to like our Facebook Page to get the most up to date information regarding programs and hall news.
If you ever have questions throughout the school year, don't be afraid to talk to your RA. That's what they are here for!
Thanks for making it a great semester!
Kyle D. Herberg | M. Ed
Dobson Hall | Resident Director