This campus-wide effort intends to bring students, faculty, and staff together to discuss Ta-Nehisi Coates’ Between the World and Me and themes relating to the text. We will be distributing copies of this text at no cost to those students, faculty, and staff who reserve a copy with us by March 31 at 5 p.m.
CSS to Hide Title
Mission Statement: Our mission is to foster a diverse environment that contributes to an inclusive culture and climate by promoting critical discourse and meaningful interactions between all members of our campus community.
Vision Statement: We strive to create a campus that
- provides access and support for underserved populations;
- has an inclusive and just culture;
- values understanding, compassion, and acceptance;
- is committed to the ideals of social justice;
- prepares students for global citizenship;
- and is collaborative, safe, and respectful.
Every Wednesday over the noon hour during the spring 2017 semester. Bring your own lunch and come over to the Markee Pioneer Student Center. Join in dialogue with the campus community about diversity and inclusion, guided by two facilitators.