Single Course Enrollment
Not ready to enroll in a degree program? You can enroll as a Special Student for single course enrollment. You may enroll in a single course rather than a full degree for personal enrichment, to apply toward a certificate, if you plan on transferring the course to another institution, or if you want to start a course(s) while the admission process is completed.
As a special student you
- Can enroll in a maximum of 12 credits.
- Must meet prerequisites for courses. You may be asked to provide an unofficial transcript to show prerequisites.
- Are not obligated to follow specific degree requirements.
- Are not eligible for financial aid.
- May be admitted to a degree program after completing the admission process and any in-progress coursework. Check program requirements for more information.
You may register as a Special Student and receive academic credit for courses taken while at this status if you have earned a bachelor’s degree from a nationally or regionally accredited institution recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
UW-Platteville Campus Students
If you are a current UW-Platteville campus student, stop in the Distance Learning Center in 2100 Ullsvik or see our campus borrow process page for more information.