Single Course Enrollment

Special Students

Not ready to enroll in a degree program? You can enroll as a Special Student for single course enrollment. You may enroll in a single course rather than a full degree for personal enrichment, to apply toward a certificate, if you plan on transferring the course to another institution, or if you want to start a course(s) while the admission process is completed.

As a special student you

  • Can enroll in a maximum of 12 credits.
  • Must meet prerequisites for courses. You may be asked to provide an unofficial transcript to show prerequisites.
  • Are not obligated to follow specific degree requirements.
  • Are not eligible for financial aid.
  • May be admitted to a degree program after completing the admission process and any in-progress coursework. Check program requirements for more information.


To enroll for a single undergraduate course review the complete list of online and print-based course offerings and complete the Special Student Application.


You may register as a Special Student and receive academic credit for courses taken while at this status if you have earned a bachelor’s degree from a nationally or regionally accredited institution recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).

To enroll for a single graduate course review the complete list of online course offerings and complete the Special Student Application.    

UW-Platteville Campus Students

If you are a current UW-Platteville campus student, stop in the Center for Distance Learning in 2100 Ullsvik or see our campus borrow process page for more information.

DLC: Online Reuseable 2

Contact Us

Center for Distance Learning
University of Wisconsin-Platteville
1 University Plaza
Platteville, WI 53818-3099

Stay Connected