|Course Number:||BUSADMIN 3120|
|Course Name:||Retailing (Online)|
|Course Description:||A study of various types of retail institutions and their characteristics. The many kinds of retail ownership options, strategy mixes, locations, organizational formats, merchandise and inventory management techniques, and promotional policies are compared and evaluated. Cases reflecting a global perspective are included.|
|Prerequisites:||BUSADMIN 2630 or AGINDUS 2430|
|Format:||Online (This course is also offered in print.)|
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
NOTE: The information below is representative of the course and is subject to change. The specific details of the course will be available in the Desire2Learn course instance for the course in which a student registers.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Identify customer needs and how to satisfy those needs.
- Identify, describe, and differentiate between retail institutions.
- Understand retail strategy and how it applies to various retail institutions.
- Acquire an understanding about the behavior of the ultimate consumer.
- Understand the role of research in the world of retailing.
- Design a trading area as well as complete a site analysis for a retail institution.
- Understand the organizational structure of the retail firm.
- Develop and understand the components of a retail merchandise plan.
- Understand the basic principles of merchandise management in the retail institution.
- Develop a plan for a communications mix for a retail store and understand the role of communications in the retail world.
- Apply price theory to a retail situation.
- Understand the control of retail merchandise and how it impacts retail activities.
- Identify the unique characteristics of service retailing.
- Understand how to integrate and control a retail strategy.
- Develop an awareness of the international dimensions of retailing.
The course is organized into four units. Each unit is supported by one or more units for this body of knowledge.
An overview of strategic retail management
The target market, information gathering and processing, and trading area analysis
Site selection, retail organization and HR management, operations management, merchandise plans
Financial merchandise management, pricing, retail image, promotional strategy, communication with the customer
|Individual Activities (16)||300 points|
|Exams (4 @ 100 pts. each)||400 points|
|Group Activities (4)||250 points|
|A||92% - 100%||869 - 950 points|
|A-||89% - 91%||841 - 868 points|
|B+||86% - 88%||812 - 840 points|
|B||83% - 85%||784 - 811 points|
|B-||80% - 82%||755 - 783 points|
|C+||77% - 79%||727 - 754 points|
|C||72% - 76%||679 - 726 points|
|C-||70% - 71%||660 - 678 points|
|D+||68% - 69%||641 - 659 points|
|D||60% - 67%||570 - 640 points|
|F||0% - 59%||570 points or less|