Financial Information

The total cost of earning your degree at a distance from UW-Platteville will vary with each program, whether you take online or print courses, and depending on how many previously earned credits are accepted for transfer. You can estimate the amount of money it will take to pay the tuition and fees associated with your program based on the number of credits you need to earn. In addition, we advise that you budget for textbooks as they are not provided or included in the tuition.

There are several ways to receive financial assistance for tuition and fees. Follow the links under Financial Resources to learn more.

Payment Options

In the Financial Account tile of your PASS Student Center, click Make a Payment and follow the instructions. 

By Phone
Call us toll-free at 855.300.8528 and follow the instructions. You will need the 9-digit student ID number found on your statement of account, term invoice, or unofficial transcript. You will also need your credit card, debit card, or bank routing and account numbers, depending on your payment method.

By Mail
In the Finances section of your PASS Student Center, click Account Inquiry, then Term Invoice. Print and mail the term invoice with your check payable to University of Wisconsin-Platteville for the entire amount due to:

University of Wisconsin-Platteville
Cashier’s Office
236 Brigham Hall
1 University Plaza
Platteville, WI 53818

Read more about Payment Options.

Direct Deposit Refunds

After you are admitted to a degree program, shortly before the start of your first course, you will receive a green envelope from BankMobile with directions for establishing direct deposit of financial aid or other refunds while you are a UW-Platteville student. Use your Personal Code provided to log on and select your refund preference.

Green envelope from BankMobile

You may choose to

  • Deposit refunds in your existing bank account.
    • Select this option and provide the account where you want your refunds deposited. Funds will be available at your existing bank two to three days after UW-Platteville sends them to BankMobile.


  • Set up an electronic deposit to a BankMobile Vibe Account.
    • If you choose this option, you will be mailed a debit card and funds will be available as soon as BankMobile receives them from UW-Platteville. There is a fee to replace your card if it is lost or stolen.
    • With a BankMobile checking account, there is no fee charged when you use an Allpoint network, Customers Bank ATM, or the ATMs operated by Mound City Bank on the UW-Platteville campus. To see a list of ATM locations, visit BankMobile and select the Fee Schedules link at the bottom of the page.
    • You will be charged a monthly service fee from BankMobile for this account if you are not enrolled in the current or previous term. Select Fee Schedules to read additional information about account fees.

For information about your refunds and a variety of financial services/topics, visit BankMobile.

NOTE: If you pay for your courses electronically through PASS by credit card or e-check, your refund will be applied back to the card or account that was used originally. This is only true for online payments made through PASS. All other payments or financial aid will be refunded electronically through BankMobile.

Non-degree-seeking students: You are not eligible for electronic refunding through BankMobile. Your refunds will continue to be processed through the UW-Platteville Cashiers Office.

Students living outside the USA: You may set up a refund preference but you cannot open a BankMobile Vibe checking account or send money to a bank located outside of the USA. If a refund for you should arrive at BankMobile, it will be sent to you via check to the address on file.