|Course Number:||PROJMGT 7010|
|Course Name:||Project Management Techniques I (Online)|
|Course Description:||An introduction to contemporary project management tools and techniques across three broad areas: organizing and initiating projects, planning projects, and performing projects. Content emphasizes project selection, chartering new projects, stakeholder management, scope management, scheduling, and their integration.|
NOTE: The information below is representative of the course and is subject to change. The specific details of the course will be available in the Desire2Learn course instance for the course in which a student registers.
Additional InformationLearning Outcomes
- Express your understanding of project management, which includes the project manager's function and the management of project processes.
- Recognize the project plan development, execution, and monitoring and control processes that ensure all elements of the project are properly coordinated.
- Develop a project statement of work and work breakdown structure that ensures the project includes all, but only, the work necessary to complete the project.
- Use project network diagrams and other scheduling approaches to ensure timely completion of the project.
- Prepare a budget that includes project cost, labor, and resource estimates required to ensure that the project is completed within its approved schedule.