|Course Number:||ENGRG 7260|
|Course Name:||Advanced Shallow Foundation Design with LRFD Applications (Online)|
|Course Description:||This course is designed to fully prepare a student with only an introductory course in soil mechanics to: analyze the bearing capacity of shallow foundations; to design shallow foundations to meeting bearing capacity and settlement requirements; to design reinforced concrete shallow foundations; and to apply Load and Resistance Factor Design (LRFD) principles to the design and analysis of shallow foundations. P: Civil Engineering 3730 Geotechnical Engineering (or an equivalent course in soil mechanics).|
|Prerequisites:||Civil Engineering 3730 Geotechnical Engineering (or an equivalent course in soil mechanics).|
|Program:||Masters of Science in Engineering|
NOTE: The information below is representative of the course and is subject to change. The specific details of the course will be available in the Desire2Learn course instance for the course in which a student registers.
Additional InformationLearning Outcomes
- Design of site investigations for use in shallow foundation engineering.
- Analyze the bearing capacity of shallow foundations.
- Design shallow foundations to meet bearing capacity and settlement requirements.
- Design reinforced concrete shallow foundations.
- Design and analyze shallow foundations using foundation design software.
- Design shallow foundations using LRFD methods.