Bachelor's Program Graduation
- At least six months before your anticipated graduation date, contact your advisor regarding your intent to graduate by emailing him/her your full name, major, and the month and year of your anticipated graduation.
- Schedule a review with your advisor to ensure you’ve met all graduation requirements and fulfilled all financial obligations to UW-Platteville.
- Upon completion of your graduation review, you will receive a link to the Intent to Graduate form via email.
- Once we receive your completed Intent to Graduate form, we will notify you that a $40 graduation fee has been posted to your PASS account. To pay the fee, log into your PASS account Student Center, click on Make a Payment, and follow the instructions.
- Upon receipt of your Intent to Graduate form, the Distance Learning Center will notify the Registrar’s Office of your candidacy for graduation and your anticipated graduation date.
NOTE: To be included in the printed graduation bulletin and other graduation procedures, we must receive your completed Intent to Graduate form by:
- February 1 for Spring Commencement
- February 1 for Summer Commencement
- October 1 for Fall Commencement
Approximately two months before graduation, students who have an Intent to Graduate form on file will receive information about the commencement ceremonies, purchasing of cap/tassel/gown, and other commencement activities from the Distance Learning Center.
Note that ceremonies are only held at the end of the fall and spring semesters. Students graduating in summer can walk in the ceremony immediately before or after that summer term.
Learn more about the ceremonies and our other commencement activities.
RECEIPT OF DEGREE
Once all grades are posted from your final semester, you have submitted your Intent to Graduate form, and all financial obligations are met, the Registrar’s Office will complete a final audit. Once the Registrar’s Office posts your degree, you will receive an official student copy of your transcript reflecting the posted degree. About 10-12 weeks after the end of the semester, you should then receive your actual diploma/degree in the mail.
NOTE: You will not receive a diploma or an official transcript until you have paid your $40 graduation fee.
Contact the Distance Learning Center at 800.362.5460 or 608.342.1468 for more information.