Current Students

Student using the SSWD webpage

Already attending UW-Platteville?  No problem. SSWD works with current students to provide accommodations both inside and outside the classroom.  This section contains information that is of interest to students with a disability already enrolled at UW-Platteville who are interested in receiving services/accommodations from SSWD.

Eligibility Information for Current Students

The Office of Services for Students with Disabilities assists students with disabilities in obtaining academic accommodations and/or auxiliary aids.  Accommodations are available based on documentation of a disability and a personal interview process. To qualify for services with SSWD students are responsible for providing comprehensive documentation from a qualifed professional showing a substantial limitation in one or more major life activities. To better understand the eligibility process for SSWD, current students should review the Current Student Checklist.

SSWD Current Student Checklist

  1. Go to Access Services and Apply for Services and Accommodations
    1. Begin by going to the Access Services Website
    2. Click on the "Access Services Apply" button 
    3. Complete the application as thoroughly as possible
      (If you do not know your residence hall assignment yet or have not found local housing, use your permanent address. This can be changed later.)
  2. Submit documentation of your disability from a qualified professional.
    1. If you have documentation to upload, enter a title for the document, browse to find it on your computer and click on "Upload Documention."
    2. If you do not have documentation to upload right now, click "Upload Documentation Later" and have your clinician complete the appropriate Disability Documentation Guidelines or send the appropriate report. Documentation Guidelines for various disabilities are accessible on this website or by calling our office at 608.342.1818. You may click on the editable version of the appropriate Documentation Guideline, print it, and take it to the qualified diagnosing professional. Once your documentation is complete, either mail, fax, or drop off your documenation at SSWD as soon as you are able. 
    3. In addition to the above required Documentation Guidelines, it is helpful to receive supplemental records of accommodations/services provided to you that show a history of accommodations provided at any previous academic setting (e.g., IEP, Section 504 plan, college service plan, etc.) and any record of accommodations provided for national standardized exams (e.g., ACT, SAT, GRE, LSAT, etc.).
    4. After documentation is received, SSWD will review the documentation and send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your documentation and your eligibility status. This letter, depending on the time of year, may come to your home address or your UW-Platteville e-mail address.  Because of this, it is critical that students check their UW-Platteville e-mail regularly, even during the summer or on breaks. This letter outlines information about steps you will need to take next in order to obtain accommodations.

Footer Anchor