Mission and Vision
Our Vision is to prepare and inspire future generations of UW-Platteville undergraduate students for graduate study and careers in science while developing an internationally-recognized laboratory that attracts and retains outstanding students and faculty.
Our Mission is to promote the scholarly development of undergraduate students and faculty through high-impact experiences in fundamental and applied field and laboratory based research to create a vibrant and diverse academic environment that produces highly-skilled graduates while engaging in research services on regional, national and international scales.
The Values guiding TREES Lab activities include:
- Education - Celebrate and excel in the teaching and advising mission central to UW-Platteville
- Research - Engage students through authentic, student-driven undergraduate research
- Diversity - Promote Inclusive Excellence through high-impact activities that incorporate student diversity
- Integrity - Create a positive atmosphere of trust, honesty, openness, and accountability
- Realism - Remain realistic, flexible, and adaptive to change
- Excellence - Provide services, results, and reports in a timely, efficient, and thorough manner