Objectives and Outcomes
The main goal of the program is to help undergraduate students develop and apply an in-depth understanding of issues related to energy, renewable energy, and bio-renewable products and associated markets. Both major and minor are designed to be a hands-on interdisciplinary program with an emphasis on the study of the economic, social, and environmental aspects of various energy sources including renewable energy and bio-fuels.
Program Educational Objectives
- Prepare students with abilities to assess the relative merits and potential impacts of different energy sources within the framework of sustainability.
- Graduate students with a strong foundation in business and management aspects of renewable energy projects.
- Graduate students who are knowledgeable citizens prepared for the green jobs of the future.
- Support and educate business and community partners through projects, seminars and workshops.
By graduation, students in our program are expected to attain the following student outcomes:
- an ability to identify, formulate and solve broadly defined technical or scientific problems by applying knowledge of mathematics and science and/or technical topics to areas relevant to the discipline
- an ability to formulate or design a system, process, procedure or program to meet desired needs
- an ability to develop and conduct experiments or test hypotheses, analyze and interpret data, and use scientific judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities and the impact of technical and/or scientific solutions in global, economic, environmental and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on teams that establish goals, plan tasks, meet deadlines and analyze risk and uncertainty.