The reference desk is located on the library's main floor.
The librarian at the Reference Desk will assist you in identifying and locating scholarly research materials.
- Search@UW - How to search the library's online catalog for books, journals, audio/visual materials and microforms.
- Read the FAQs about our Find It! service.
- Locating Reference Material - Materials in the Reference Collection are arranged by call number, with an "R" or "Ref" above the call number designating this collection. The online library catalog indicates:
- REFERENCE = General Reference Collection
- REF/ATLAS = Atlas Collection in Reference area
Materials in the Reference Collection do not circulate.
Contact the relevant Division Librarian for assistance with specific subject areas.
The Wisconsin Collection and the Instructional Materials Laboratory (IML) have separate reference collections as indicated on the online library catalog.
Stop by the Reference Desk or call 608.342.1668