FAFSA Verification Process for Financial Aid
Each time you file a FAFSA form, you may be randomly selected for a process called verification. If selected for verification, the Financial Aid Office must request certain documents from you in order to verify the information that you supplied in the FAFSA is correct.
Items needed for verification will appear on your PASS account To Do List. If your financial aid award is completed prior to your file being verified, the award may change if any of the FAFSA information had to be corrected.
If you are a new freshman, transfer, or branch campus student who has not yet registered for classes for the year, you will need to set up an account to complete your verification documents.
Create a Dynamic Forms Account
- Click “Create New Account”
- Enter Account Information: username, password, and email address will all be defined by you.
- Click “Create Account” and you’re ready to begin completing your form.
Once you create a username and password, you will use those credentials for financial aid online forms until the point where you register for classes.
At that point, you will use your University of Wisconsin-Platteville username and password.
Parents will need to create their own username and password to sign forms. Forms requiring both student and parent signatures must be initiated by the student using their own username and password.
Registered Freshmen and Continuing Students
If you are a continuing student or a new student who has already registered for classes for the school year, you will be prompted for your Platteville netID and password to begin when you follow the verification links below.
If you are a V5 verification student, you will need to submit two of the forms below, one is electronic and one will need to be printed and turned into the financial aid office.
If you are a V1 Verification student, you will need to submit the electronic form only.
Visit the following links to create an account and then complete the information as instructed.
- Verification Worksheet: V1 Dependent (Continuing Students)
- Verification Worksheet: V1 Dependent (New Students)
- Verification Worksheet: V1 Independent (Continuing Students)
- Verification Worksheet: V1 Independent (New Students)
- Verification Worksheet: V4-V5 Dependent
- Verification Worksheet: V4-V5 Independent
- Verification Worksheet: V5 Dependent (Continuing Students)
- Verification Worksheet: V5 Dependent (New Students)
- Verification Worksheet: V5 Independent (Continuing Students)
- Verification Worksheet: V5 Independent (New Students)