Six Sigma Training
The Corporate Training Center at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville offers courses to help you and your employees analyze and solve quality issues and lead quality improvement projects with Six Sigma Green Belt and Six Sigma Yellow Belt skills and certifications. Training courses are offered in a face-to-face format.
Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate
The Six Sigma Green Belt is designed to accommodate those with a degree in engineering, or those who have at least two years of experience in the field of quality. You will learn to analyze and solve quality issues and lead quality improvement projects. Upon completion of your certificate, you will understand:
- Six Sigma and organizational goals
- Benchmarking and “voice of customer” (VOC)
- Project management concepts
- Fundamental statistics to analyze and interpret data
- Design of experiment vocabulary, and basic lean tools
- Statistical process control to identify, select, construct, and use control charts
This certificate will have a computer-based pre-test and post-test. You must score at least 90 percent to receive your Six Sigma Green Belt.
Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certificate
This certificate is available to you, no matter your level of skill mastery. You will learn to analyze and solve quality issues and lead quality improvement projects. Upon completion of the Six Sigma Yellow Belt, you will learn to:
- Understand and recognize Six Sigma principles, roles, and value to the organization
- Recognize stages of team development and dynamics
- Understand project stakeholders, and the definition of supplier-input-process-output-customer (SIPOC)
- Understand project planning, documenting and reporting, and selection of project tools in each phase
- Apply basic statistics and calculation
- Be familiar with measurement system analysis (MSA)
- Have a fundamental understanding of root cause analysis (RCA)
- Explain how a basic control chart works
This certificate will have a computer-based pretest and post-test. You must score at least 90 percent to receive your Six Sigma Yellow Belt.