Management Skills Certificate
Management Skills for a Changing Work Environment
Are you taking on new management responsibilities or managing employees in a new virtual or hybrid environment? Perhaps you are interested in furthering your professional development by analyzing the skills necessary to be a successful manager within a business or not-for-profit organization. If so, this micro-credential is for you.
Module 1: Managing Others: The Organizational Context
- Understanding Organizational Structure
- Chain of Command in Business Organizations
- Starting a New Position or Responsibilities as a Manager
- Leading as a New Manager
- The Hybrid Office and Workforce
- Functional Managers and Project Managers: Similarities and Differences
Module 2: Effective Business Communication
- Importance of Effective Communication
- Characteristics of Effective Communication
- Importance of Collaboration
- Exploration of Personal Communication Styles
- Multigenerational Communication
Module 3: Leading and Motivating Successful Teams
- Characteristics of Successful Team Leaders
- Benefits of Diversity in Team Composition
- Leading and Collaborating in a Virtual Environment
- Leading and Collaborating in a Hybrid Environment
- Course series offered 100% online in a hybrid asynchronous model designed for the demanding schedules of working professionals.
- Earn a Management Skills electronic badge by successfully completing the courses.
- This certificate is organized into three modules which build on each other.
- Includes an electronic badge and printed certificate of completion and 3 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) following the successful completion of all three modules.
If you are in need of financial assistance:
- Sallie Mae offers private student educational loans.
- Workforce development assistance may be available through federal, state, and local offices.