Travel and Internships
The Art Program at UW-Platteville is dedicated to providing the aspiring professional artist opportunities to explore art making and its history. While the classroom provides a meaningful educational experience, there is nothing that can compare with the encountering the places and material culture which define the whole range of human endeavors. Education abroad experiences provide students with valuable life skills, strengthen their confidence, shape their understanding of cross-cultural relations, and help prepare them for the world of the professional artist beyond graduation. Many of the faculty in the Art Program are experienced travelers, and provide diverse opportunities for study off campus including:
International Travel, Inter-semester and Summer Courses
- Winterim Study in Rome, Italy
- Student Teach Abroad Program for Art Education majors
- Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, Ill.
- Sculpture Objects Functional Art & Design (SOFA) Conference, Chicago, Ill.
- National Council on Education for the Ceramic Arts (NCECA) Conference
- New York City Art and Theatre Tour
Regional Art Teaching Internships
- Shake Rag Alley, Mineral Point, Wis.
- Lillstreet Art Center, Chicago, Ill.
- Grandview Sculpture Garden, Hollandale, Wis.
- Rountree Gallery, Platteville, Wis.