Prevention & Education
The Prevention and Education Coordinator and Peer Educators are dedicated to providing education and prevention opportunities for all of us to help contribute to a safe, inclusive and healthy campus. The Prevention and Education Coordinator, along with the PEERs team, provides programming on the topics of Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) and Sexual Violence (SV).
- Develop education and prevention strategies to broaden the awareness of rape culture, and to decrease the incidence of sexual violence, including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating or domestic violence, gender-based harassment or bullying, and stalking on UW-Platteville's campus;
- Develop education and prevention strategies to broaden awareness on alcohol and other drugs;
- Develop education and prevention strategies to broaden and create a culture of care through active and engaged bystanders;
- Educate on healthy relationships, healthy sexual practices, and consent;
- Create a safer campus environment through participation in policy development and advocacy;
- Serve as a referral source to campus and community services for sexual assault survivors and concerned others;
- Encourage active involvement in prevention efforts by UW-Platteville students, faculty, staff, and community members.
Please explore the other areas of our site by clicking on our Prevention and Education Dropdown menu