Pioneer Career Network
The Pioneer Career Network Powered by Handshake
The Pioneer Career Network (PCN) powered by Handshake connects students and alumni to a national network of over 200,000+ employers across all fields of work and study.
Students: To Log Into PCN
- Visit uwplatt.joinhandshake.com or click the orange button on the side of this page.
- Click Blue UW-Platteville button, sign in with your campus username and password
- New Students: If the system says you do not have an account, please wait a few days as there is a delay in the student upload. If still not found, then request an account. Once account is approved, follow instructions mentioned above.
Students! Here is how you search and apply for Jobs and Internships!
Whether you are looking for on-campus jobs, full time jobs, internships or co-ops CLICK HERE to learn how to search for jobs in the Handshake System. Or watch this 2-MIN VIDEO. Be sure to use the filters when searching for jobs to make it easier for you!
Find a job you want to apply for? Watch the video below:
Students and alumni using PCN have the opportunity to:
- Search for jobs, co-ops, internships and on-campus jobs.
- Apply for jobs and schedule interviews with companies
- Tailor their PCN profile based on career goals and objectives to see positions most relevant to them
- Find and register for employer sponsered events
- Schedule appointments with career specialists for assistance with various career search efforts
Employers using PCN can:
- Post position openings to connect with approximately 9,000 students and alumni actively seeking jobs, co-ops and internships
- Register to attend Career Fairs at UW-Platteville
- Schedule on-campus interviews or employer informational sessions
- Search student resumes to find potential applicants
The Career and Professional Development Office at the University of Wisconsin-Platteville maintains this website as a service to users for their career development and employment-seeking efforts. The online registration system, Pioneer Career Network powered by Handshake, is a service provided to currently enrolled University of Wisconsin-Platteville students, students enrolled in a University of Wisconsin-Platteville collaborative program and alumni of the University of Wisconsin-Platteville. The presence of job announcements on this website does not indicate an endorsement by UW-Platteville or the UW-Platteville Career and Professional Development Office. Applicants should take responsibility for all necessary precautions when applying to, interviewing for, or accepting these positions, and applicants are solely responsible for obtaining necessary information concerning any employer. This website also contains links to other websites not under the control of UW-Platteville or the CPDO, and neither UW-Platteville nor the CPDO is responsible for the contents of any linked site. These links are provided only as a convenience. UW-Platteville and the CPDO assume no liability for acts or omissions by third parties or for material supplied by them.
7:45 a.m. - 4:15 p.m. (Academic Year)
7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (Summer Months)
For more information about our team, see the CPDO Team Directory.
- Career Search Resources
- Major & Career Exploration
- Your Career Timeline
- PCN Access
- Campus Interviews
- Employer Information Sessions
- Career Fair
- Résumé and Cover Letter Review
- Mock Interviews
- Professional Etiquette Event
- Internships and Co-ops
- Education Majors: Helpful Resources
- Graduate School Information