Interviewing candidates on campus for internship, co-op or full-time positions allows you to identify and screen qualified candidates on the same day and increases our students' awareness of your company.
Recruiting dates for employers choosing to interview on campus occur during the regular academic year (September-May). Many employers set up a campus interview date in conjunction with our fall or spring career fairs, but on-campus interviews can happen anytime during the academic year. Interview rooms are available to simplify your recruiting efforts.
The following items are required for on-campus interviews:
• Job posted in Pioneer Career Network powered by Handshake
• Students interviewing must be registered in Pioneer Career Network
To schedule on-campus interviews, you must be registered with Pioneer Career Network.
Career Fair On-campus interview terms:
To efficiently utilize our on-campus interview spaces, we are re-implementing room fees for interview spaces. Employers wishing to conduct on-campus interviews during the week of the career fair can receive one complimentary interview space per basic or non-profit booth registration at the career fair (pending space availability). Employers registering for Pioneer, Silver or Diamond booths can receive two complimentary interview spaces (pending space availability). Any additional spaces beyond the complimentary spaces can be reserved with a $50 per interview space fee.
To Schedule On-Campus Interviews
- Log into your PCN powered by Handshake Account
- Click Request an Interview on your account's home screen.
Fill out the basics section of the form.
- School: The school where you are requesting the interview schedule
- Description: Describe the interview. Provide any information students might use to prepare for the interview including the format, the number of interviewers that will be present, etc. If you will administer a skills test or if you would like the student to bring work samples to the interview, share that information here.
- Contacts: The interviewers from your company who will be present for the interviews. Note: You are welcome to include staff members at your company who do not have a Handshake profile.
- Click Timeline from the steps at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the date you are interested in interviewing on campus. You will then be asked how many rooms you would like to reserve on that day. Please note: You are limited to 2 rooms in the system. If you wish to request more than 2 interviews rooms, complete the request with 2 indicated, and contact our office to discuss availability.
Indicate the type of interview schedule you would like. Please pay close attention to the description of each option.
- Select this timeline if you wish to have the Handshake system perform the screening of candidates. Any student who passes the specified qualifications are allowed to sign up for interviews.
- If you are interested in managing your applicants in Handshake please use this option. Students request interviews through the Handshake system and employers review materials and approve or deny applicants
- Use this option if you will be accepting resumes at a career fair or through your own application methods. This option simply reserves interview rooms.
- Open Schedule
Select the time slots you would like to interview students in.
- In non-career fair weeks, interviews may begin at 8am and must be completed by 4pm.
- In career fair weeks, interviews may begin at 8:30am and must be completed by 8PM
- Once you have selected your interview date, interview schedule type and interview slots, you can move to select which job(s).
Choose the job you would to attach to this interview schedule.
- Create New Job: Use this option to create a new job and new details, requirements and qualifications
- Copy Job Details: Copy job details from an existing job. This will create a new job posting and will not import any applicants.
- Use Existing Job: Use this option to attach an existing job and its current applicants to the interview schedule
- If you are not ready to post a position you can click Remind me Later, this option will send you an email four days before the Apply Start Date reminding you to post a position and attach it to the schedule
- When you are ready to move on select Review from the bottom tabs
- Review your interview dates and details and go back to any steps you would like to edit
- Select Request
- Our office will begin working on setting up your interview reservation. We will contact you with any questions we may have.
Please contact our office at 608-342-1183 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Contact the CPDO Team
- Posting Positions Online in Pioneer Career Network
- Career Fairs
- Annual Corporate Sponsorship
- On-Campus Interviews
- Employer Information Sessions
- Increase Employer Visibility on Campus
- Annual Post-Graduation and Co-op Reports
- Additional Information Related to Degree Programs and Colleges
- National Association of Colleges and Employers