New York State Child Care and Education Credentials
Achieve your educational goals online with the University of Wisconsin-Platteville.
Click on the credential title below for more information.
- New York State Infant-Toddler Care and Education Credential (ITCEC)
- New York State Children’s Program Administrator Credential
- Administrator Credential en Español
- Afterschool and Youth Development Credential
- Family Child Care Credential
- Inclusion Credential
- Infant-Toddler Credential en Español
- Leadership Credential
- Preschool Credential
- Preschool Credential en Español
- Program Development Credential
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC). Each of our child care and education courses is a 3-credit college course and includes 45-hours of continuing education. These courses also meet the criteria for the topic areas approved by the NYS OCFS regulations.
The following are the nine early childhood continuing education topic areas approved by New York licensing:
- Principles of childhood development, including the appropriate supervision of children, meeting the needs of children enrolled in the program with physical or emotional challenges and behavior management and discipline;
- Nutrition and health needs of children;
- Child day care program development;
- Safety and security procedures, including communication between parents and staff;
- Business record maintenance and management;
- Child abuse and maltreatment identification and prevention;
- Statutes and regulations pertaining to child day care;
- Statutes and regulations pertaining to child abuse and maltreatment; and
- Prevention of Shaken Baby Syndrome.
If you have questions about the topics covered in a particular course, please feel free to contact us. We are happy to help you find the right course to meet your continuing education needs.
Connect On Facebook
Want to be added to our mailing list?
Click here to receive communications about our upcoming programs.
Comments and Questions?
Send us your ideas, suggestions, feedback and questions.
Continuing Education Web Feedback?
Web Feedback Form
Continuing Education on Pinterest
Continuing Education on LinkedIn
Continuing Education on YouTube
Early Childhood Credential Program on Facebook
Tell Us Your Story
July 16, 2018
Childcare graduate wins Trailblazer Award!
March 30, 2018
First grads of Preschool Credential in Spanish! January 27, 2018
Dr. Craig Wilson named dean of ADS. December 18, 2017
Platteville Community Fund Awarded! November 10, 2017
New Online Certificate Programs Added! November 7, 2017
Award winning Childcare Credential program! October 10, 2017
View All Updates