General Information for Community Programs
In case of bad weather, classes may be canceled. Listen to your local radio station for details. Classes with low enrollment will be canceled one week prior to the start date.
Parking for classes held on the UW-Platteville campus during the daytime hours is available on the streets or at metered spots. People with UW-Platteville commuter permits may park in commuter lots.
Parking Options for daytime classes:
1. Purchase a Commuter permit and car pool each day to campus. Each member of the car pool will receive two free one-day permits to use at their discretion. The information can be found here: /files/police/carpool.pdf
2. City/University Shuttle: There are several pickup locations throughout the city, including the City Library. From there, the shuttle will drop off at the Markee Pioneer Student Center circle on the south side of the building. The cost for the shuttle is $1.00/ride.
3. Members could park in the parking meters in Parking Lot #9.
4. To expedite the purchase of a parking permit please follow the link: /police/senior-swim-permit-request
The UW-Platteville police department will process your request and contact you to arrange a pick-up date/time and you may pay with check or cash.
Parking Options for daytime Senior Water Exercise and morning Water Aerobics:
- Campus Police will offer a 1 year senior swim permit (Commuter Permit that will be marked with a special hole punch and permanent marker days it is valid) for $50 for the year.
- Campus Police will not offer a semester price, it is either $50/yr. or they buy daily permits.
- Seniors must provide, to our office, the one or two days of the week for their swim class to be listed on their permit.
- Seniors should be advised that if they are found parking in violation of this agreement, they will be issued a citation.
Parking for evening classes is available on the streets, or in commuter or staff lots after 4 p.m.
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville may take photos and/or videotapes related to the event. The University of Wisconsin-Platteville shall be owners of and may use such photographs and/or videotapes relating to the promotion of future programs.
Refunds, less a $10 administrative fee, will be given seven working days prior to the start of class. After that time period you may choose to transfer your full payment to another class; notification must be during office hours between 7:45 a.m.–4:15 p.m. Transferred fees must be used by end of the current fiscal year (June 30). No refunds will be given after a class has started or already taken place. We reserve the right to cancel a course due to insufficient enrollment; in this case, a full refund will be given.
To request disability accommodations, contact Continuing Education at 608.342.1314.
Your privacy is our priority. We promise not to sell or disclose any of your personal information, including your email address, to a third party. All of the information you submit is used solely for internal purposes. Please contact the Continuing Education Institute if you have a privacy concern.
Have a special skill or hobby that you would like to share with others? Do you enjoy teaching? Continuing Education is looking for instructors that would like to share their knowledge with other community members in such areas as computers, fitness, enrichment, workshops, etc.
Contact Kerie Wedige for more
information or fill out this form
and she will contact you.
Connect On Facebook
Want to be added to our mailing list?
Click here to receive communications about our upcoming programs.
Comments and Questions?
Send us your ideas, suggestions, feedback and questions.
Continuing Education Web Feedback?
Web Feedback Form
Continuing Education on Pinterest
Continuing Education on LinkedIn
Continuing Education on YouTube
Early Childhood Credential Program on Facebook
July 16, 2018
Childcare graduate wins Trailblazer Award!
March 30, 2018
First grads of Preschool Credential in Spanish! January 27, 2018
Dr. Craig Wilson named dean of ADS. December 18, 2017
Platteville Community Fund Awarded! November 10, 2017
New Online Certificate Programs Added! November 7, 2017
Award winning Childcare Credential program! October 10, 2017
View All Updates