Family Child Care Credential
This four course (12-credit) credential is designed for family child care providers or individuals seeking to become family child care providers.
Students will examine the unique aspects of family child care with strong emphasis on the National Association for Family Child Care (NAFCC) Quality Standards.
The Family Child Care Credential:
- Provides continuing education and college credits
- May contribute to increased YoungStar or QRIS rating
- Can support family child care providers in the NAFCC accreditation process
- Builds professional practice
- Develop a network of colleagues in the field
To earn the Professional Family Child Care Credential, you must complete the following four, three-credit classes:
- Course One: Curriculum for Family Child Care #1
- Course Two: Special Topics in Family Child Care #2
- Course Three: Financial Management and Planning #3
- Course Four: Family Child Care #4 - Capstone Course
If you have completed the Administrators Credential, you will not have to take the Financial Management and Planning #3 course as part of your Family Child Care Credential.
Current Course Registration
Click on the course titles below for details or to register. If there are no courses listed, please call our office at 1-888-281-9472.
Want to be added to our mailing list?
Click here to receive communications about our upcoming programs.
Comments and Questions?
Send us your ideas, suggestions, feedback and questions.
Continuing Education Web Feedback?
Web Feedback Form
Continuing Education on Pinterest
Continuing Education on LinkedIn
Continuing Education on YouTube
Early Childhood Credential Program on Facebook
Tell Us Your Story
March 30, 2018
First grads of Preschool Credential in Spanish!
January 27, 2018
Dr. Craig Wilson named dean of ADS.
December 18, 2017
Platteville Community Fund Awarded!
November 10, 2017
New Online Certificate Programs Added!
November 7, 2017
Award winning Childcare Credential program!
October 10, 2017
View All Updates