The UW-Platteville Office of Continuing Education offers Saturday morning swim lessons during Fall/Winter and early Spring.
These swim lessons are:
- Infant/Parent and Child/Parent lessons are 30 minutes in length AND requires that a parent accompany the infant/child in the pool.
- Beginner thru Level 6 for independent swimmers are 45 minutes in length.
- Each session consists of five Saturday mornings
- Children progress from Infant / Parent on up through Level VI
- Small groups of 5-7 based on their swimming capabilities
If in doubt about the level your child should be in, please place them in the lower level. We will advance swimmers to higher levels as their skills progress. Levels are not limited to the skills listed. Swimmers may learn parts of the next skill level when they demonstrate they are ready.
Beginners and Levels I through VI do not have any provisions for parents to observe classes, except the last class of each session may be observed from the balcony. All swimmers and parents must follow the policies established by our office. A copy of our policies may be requested from the Office of Continuing Education.
The Office of Continuing Education is proud to offer a series of levels that your child will feel proud to master. The Levels start with infant/parent and progress up through Level VI which focuses on the butterfly stroke, competitive turns and increasing endurance.
The completed Permission Form can now be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org OR faxed to Continuing Education at 608.342.1454.
Current course registration
Click on the course titles below to view more information or to register.
Saturday, April 1, 2017 -8:30am to 11:00am
Saturday, April 1, 2017 -1:00pm to 4:30pm
Monday, April 3, 2017 -6:00pm to 7:00pm