- Collaborative ME Program Balance Sheet - lists the required pre-engineering courses and mechanical engineering courses.
- Course listing
- Course flow chart
To matriculate out of the general engineering program and into the mechanical engineering program, students must earn a specified Core Grade Point Average (C.G.P.A.) in the following core courses:
- MATH 2640 (MAT 221) Calculus and Analytic Geometry I
- MATH 2740 (MAT 222) Calculus and Analytic Geometry II
- CHEMISTRY 1450 (CHE 165) Chemistry for Engineers
- PHYSICS 2240 (PHY 201) General Physics I
- GE 1000 Engineering Success Skills*
- GE 1030 Introduction to Engineering Projects*
- GE 2030 (EGR 110) Engineering Modeling and Design
- ENGLISH 1130 (ENG 101) Freshman Composition
* (GE 1000 + GE 1030 = EGR 105 Engineering Fundamentals)
Twice a year, the mechanical engineering department establishes a minimum C.G.P.A. required for admission to its program at the end of the semester. Admission to the mechanical engineering program is based on the program C.G.P.A. requirement in effect during the semester in which the student completes the general engineering requirements. As of Fall 2014, the C.G.P.A. is 2.70.
Students must receive a “C-” or better in the following courses: Calculus I, II, and III, Physics II, Statics, and Strength of Materials.
Students must have a grade point average of 2.00 or better in required courses for the mechanical engineering major and approved mechanical engineering technical electives.