How do I get my bill?

Billing notifications are sent to the student's UW-Platteville e-mail to view their account in PASS. Electronic billing is the official means of generating tuition bills to all UW-Platteville students.  It is the responsibility of the student to check their PASS account to view their bill.  Check your UW-Platteville e-mail account on a regular basis to avoid missing important information.

Always keep adequate space in your in-box. Failure to receive a Billing notification will not relieve students from their obligation to make timely payments. UW-Platteville does not mail out paper bills.

Failure to view the bill does not release the student from payment responsibilities.  Students who are not making their own payments must forward the bill to the proper party.  The student can give guest access to their PASS account.  The student is responsible for paying all fees on time.  Guest access to PASS follows:

Can I pay online or by phone?

As a current student you can use PeopleSoft Self-service any time to check your balance, review your charges and payments, and make credit and debit card and electronic check payments online.  Anyone can use ATP (Automated Telephone Payment) system to make a credit card (using a credit or a debit card you will be charged 2.5% for using card) or electronic check (no fee for e-checks) payment.  The Toll free number is 866.456.4956.  It is a good idea to check your balance online before making a payment because charges and payments may have been added since the last billing.  We cannot accept credit card or e-check payments at the Cashier’s Office or by mail.

Student may bring in check or cash payments to the Cashier’s Office, located on the second floor of Brigham Hall. 
Pay On Line
Pay By Phone

When are payments due?

Payment s must be received in the Cashiers Office by 3:00 p.m. on the due date (not postmarked) to avoid service charges and late fees.  Online payments must be made by 11:45 p.m. on the due date to avoid service charges and late fees.  Payments are posted to the student’s account as of receipt.  Post-dated checks do not qualify as payment.  All checks should be made payable to UW-Platteville and should include the student’s ID number.  There is a $20 charge for all checks or online payments denied for any reason. See Billing Schedules 

I received a scholarship, what should I do with it?

Scholarship checks must be processed through the Cashier’s office, if you are mailing the Scholarship to the university please make sure that you include your student ID number.  If the check is made payable to both the student and UW-Platteville, be sure to endorse the check. The address is:

Cashier's Office
1 University Plaza
Platteville, WI 53818

My parents have a PLUS loan.  How should we pay tuition and fees?

Plus Loans are processed through Financial Aid and then applied to the students account.  The student is responsible for the balance remaining, if any, after the PLUS loan has been applied.

Is there a payment plan? 

A partial payment plan is available for the spring and fall semesters to students with a good credit history.  There is no partial payment plan for summer or winterim.  The partial payment plan consists of an initial payment of 34 percent of all charges billed on the initial bill, due approximately five days after the beginning of each semester and two additional installments of 33 percent, due approximately the fifth and ninth week of each semester.  Exact dates are provided with each initial billing statement and on the Cashier’s Office website.  A finance charge of 1 percent per month on the unpaid balance (annual percentage rate of 12 percent) will be assessed on any balance remaining from the previous bill.  A copy of the Installment Credit Agreement can be found on the Cashier’s Office website.

What credit cards can I use?

We accept Master Card, Visa, Discover and American Express.  There is a 2.5% charge on all credit cards use to make payment with the cashiers office.

Can I use colored ink on my checks?

Our bank will only accepts checks written in blue or black ink. Checks written with any other colored ink or with gel pen will be returned. To avoid finance charges and/or late fees, please make certain your payment was posted to your account.

If I place a payment in the night drop box when will it post to my account?

The night box is checked in the morning and posted to the student's account that same day. The night deposit box is located on the first floor of Brigham Hall in the entryway.

What if I cannot pay my bill?

A finance charge of 1% per month on the unpaid balance (annual percentage rate of 12%) will be assessed on any balance remaining from the previous bill. Registration for future semesters is not permitted unless the account balance is zero.  Accounts in default are forwarded for private collections agency action and reported to the credit bureaus. Students are responsible for all collection costs on amounts not paid when due, including attorney fees and collection agency fees.

Who gets the bill?

All bills are online and viewable in PASS.  Bills are produced once per month. Each student will receive and email in his/her UW-Platteville email account notifying him/her of the bill.  Students can grant guest access to their accounts.

What if I change my schedule?

If you change your schedule you should check your account balance online or contact the Cashier’s Office. Failure to view your account online will not excuse you from payment deadlines.

What if my account is overpaid?

If your account is overpaid and has a credit balance, your refund will be processed through Bank Mobile. You will choose whether to direct deposit funds to your current checking or savings account, or to a new account you create with Bank Mobile. If you don’t wish to have your refund direct deposited, then after 21 days, Bank Mobile will mail you a paper refund check to the home address in the PASS system.

What if I change my mind about attending UW-Platteville?

Students who fail to cancel their registration or withdraw from courses in compliance with university policies and procedures will be charged even if they do not attend class.  Nonattendance does not constitute withdrawal.  Please contact the Registrar’s Office for proper withdrawal procedures.

Will I get a refund if I withdraw from the university?

The current refund schedule for fall and spring semester tuition is 100 percent during the first two weeks of classes: 50 percent during the third and fourth weeks of classes: 0 percent thereafter.  Here is a list of refund timelines:

Spring and Fall: 100% refund Weeks 1 and 2; 50% refund Weeks 3 and 4
5-Week Courses: 100% refund Week 1; 50% refund Week 2
6-Week Courses: 100% refund Week 1; 50% refund Week 2
8-Week Courses: 100% refund Week 1; 50% refund Week 2; 25% refund Week 3
10-Week Courses: 100% refund Week 1; 50% refund Week 2; 25% refund Week 3
Summer Regular Session: 100% refund Weeks 1 & 2; 50% refund Week 3 & 4
Summer 4-Week Session: 100% refund Week 1; 25% refund Week 2
Summer 6-Week Session: 100% refund Week 1; 50% refund Week 2
Winterim: 100% refund Week 1; 25% refund Week 2

I have a hold on my account and need to register. How can I get that hold off?

The Cashier’s Office puts holds on accounts for Delinquent Account (DEL) and Terms & Conditions (SFA, SFM) forms. Once your account is paid in full, the Delinquent Account hold can be removed by the Cashier’s Office.  

Where can I get more information?

For more information on fee schedules, payments dates, credit agreements, etc. visit the Cashier’s Office 
You can call our office at 608.342.1211 or visit us in Brigham Hall, second floor, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Footer Anchor