Russell Hall was built in 1969 and renovated in 1994. It contains classroom and laboratory space for majors including agriculture, industrial technology management, and construction management. The building is named after V.M. Russell, who came to the Platteville Normal School in 1904, serving as director of the newly established manual training program. Under Russell's guidance, the manual training program—currently known as industrial studies—grew significantly.
Pioneer Undergraduate Research and Commodities Education lab (PURCE lab) was established to foster strong training in commodities trading and education in various software such as Excel, SPSS, and more. Agribusiness majors benefit the most by using the lab in several courses. The lab provides trading platforms, live data, trade simulators, and several other features. It serves the major purposes of education, research, and outreach. The lab was established with funding support from USDA.