BILSA URCE Grant
Undergraduate involvement in faculty and staff research and creative endeavors are identified as high impact practices that foster student retention and deep learning. Such practices are a key element in UW-Platteville's mission to provide an outstanding education. The following grant is designed to foster URCE adoption throughout the College of BILSA.
Eligibility and Funding Period:
Full time faculty and staff who have not received SAIF grant funding for the same period (7-1-2017 through 6-30-2018). BILSA URCE funding is available after July 1, 2017 and must be expended by June 30, 2018.
1. For funding period 2017-18, the maximum award for the BILSA URCE grant is $4000. A maximum of four grants will be awarded in the college for the funding period.
2. Recipients must include currently enrolled UW-Platteville College of BILSA students in the project and the involvement of the students must be clearly outlined in the proposal.
3. BILSA URCE grant funding cannot be used to support graduate study leading to a terminal degree. Additionally, the grant funds cannot be used to purchase computers or similar hardware, printers, or reproduction costs for CD duplication. Self-published results are also ineligible.
4. Each faculty or staff member can only receive URCE funding once per year.
5. Recipients must participate in the UW-Platteville Faculty/Staff Research Day and UW-Platteville URCE Symposium (if it is held) after the project time period. Researchers are also encouraged to disseminate the results in other discipline-appropriate venues.
Application Process and Timeline:
1. Applications due to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 18, 2017.
2. Selection committee recommendations to the Dean by April 28, 2017.
3. Notifications to the applicants by May 5, 2017.
4. Final authorizations and budgets due to the BILSA Dean's Office by May 12, 2017.
5. Funds are available July 1, 2017.
6. Projects must be completed by June 30, 2018.
7. Final reports due by September 1, 2018.