Registering for classes is one of the most important tasks you’ll complete as you start your journey with UW-Platteville Baraboo Sauk County. However, there are certain steps you will need to complete prior to registering, like taking your Placement Tests and completing tasks in Canvas.
You will receive an email inviting you to work one-on-one with your academic advisor. During this appointment, you will review your general education requirements, learn about your placement test results, and sign up for your fall 2021 classes.
Here are some tips to ensure you have a successful appointment:
- Select an hour where you can be available without distractions in an appropriate environment like your home or other quiet space.
- Make sure you sign in with a reliable internet connection and computer with Zoom and camera access. It is required that you use a computer and not a phone for your appointment. Please fill out our Accommodations Request if you have a technology concern.
- If you have a family member who plans to participate, be sure to complete a FERPA release prior to the start of the conversation.
Review the “Before Your Advising and Registration Appointment” Checklist below and make sure all tasks are completed prior to meeting with your academic advisor.
Before Your Advising and Registration Appointment
- View the Introduction to NSE Session. Enroll in the Canvas course for your campus when prompted to in the video.
- Complete UW System Placement Testing at least 2 weeks prior to your advising appointment.
- Log in to Canvas and complete required modules at least 2 weeks prior to your appointment. New modules are released regularly, so check in often.
- Watch your email for any additional questions or resources from your advisor.
After your Advising and Registration Appointment
- Complete a survey about your experience.
- Submit photo online to be used for your campus ID.
- Participate in “Meet the Department and Faculty” meetings held in July and August.
- Continue to complete modules in Canvas.
- Attend Orientation and Welcome Week events.
- Check your @uwplatt.edu email account for information to help you have a successful first semester!