As new freshmen, there are many things to do as you prepare for fall classes and our New Student Experience is designed to set you up for success at UW-Platteville Baraboo Sauk County. As you prepare for NSE, we encourage you to review different sections on this site for more information on Placement Testing, resources for Parents and Families, Requesting Accommodations, and Frequently Asked Questions. There’s also a checklist to help you stay on track.
View the Transfer Checklist and follow the next steps to ensure your place in the upcoming class.
If you are registering for summer 2021 classes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Ready to get started?
- Register for NSE by selecting “Reserve a Date” in the left-hand menu of your PASS Account.
- The registration date you select in PASS indicates the week in which you will meet with your advisor via Zoom. Later in the process, you will work with your advisor to schedule a specific date and time for your appointment.
- Check out this Step by Step Guide to help you through the process.
- Register for and take your UW-System Placement Exams.
- Watch the Introduction to NSE session at go.uwplatt.edu/nse-zoom, where you will learn more about what to expect during NSE.
- Use the link below the video to enroll in the Canvas course for your campus. Completing the Canvas modules will prepare you for your advising appointment and what to expect this fall.
Please note that the NSE fee is $75 and will appear on the semester billing statement. This fee covers materials, mailings, student staff, and Welcome Week activities in the fall.
You will also receive communications with more resources and reminders throughout the summer, so be sure to check your email often. If you have any questions during the process, please contact our New Student Experience staff at email@example.com. We are here to help you every step of the way!