Introduction to the Tri-State Initiative
"Student organizations provide opportunities for leadership and understanding."
In 2005, UW-Platteville created the Tri-State Initiative (TSI) to help college be more accessible and affordable for students from Illinois and Iowa. TSI makes it easier to pursue the types of degree programs that will prepare you for a career in the 21st century. These program areas include agriculture, criminal justice, education, engineering and industrial technology, all strengths at UW-Platteville. With TSI, UW-Platteville is out of state...not out of reach.
TSI Quick Facts
- TSI is a tuition savings program for eligible new freshmen and transfer students from Illinois and Iowa.
- TSI is offered only at UW-Platteville.
- Eligible students from Illinois and Iowa will receive a savings on out-of-state tuition.
- Eligibility for TSI will be identified and reviewed based on choice of major and application for admission. No additional paperwork is required.
- Applications accepted beginning September 15. Apply online at http://apply.wisconsin.edu
- TSI eligible majors are listed on the majors page. Undecided majors are not included in TSI.
- TSI is a limited enrollment program.
- A $200 enrollment deposit is required to secure a spot in the upcoming class. This deposit is refundable until May 1.
- Students may participate in TSI for up to five years if enrolled as a full-time student, in good standing with the university and in a TSI eligible program/major.
Sign up to experience UWP during the Tri-State Initiative Day.