How to apply for Financial Aid
If you are interested in receiving financial aid for the upcoming school year, then get ready to fill out your Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
To make the process a little bit easier, consider downloading the FAFSA on the Web Worksheet prior to completing FAFSA online. This handy worksheet is optional but let’s you know what you need before you get started. Once you’ve gathered all of the necessary information and documentation, then you’re ready to begin!
- Complete the FAFSA as soon as soon as possible.
Review your Student Aid Report.
- When you get your SAR, review it carefully to make sure it’s correct and complete.
- If you find a mistake on your SAR, you will need to correct or update your FAFSA. If there are no mistakes, just keep a copy for your records.
Accept or decline your financial aid awards.
- Watch for an email from the UW-Platteville Financial Aid office about financial aid award.
- Log into PASS to review the information for accuracy and accept or decline your award offers.
Visit the Financial Aid Office for additional information.
Resources from Federal Student Aid
Want to know how to prepare and what to expect?
Check out this infographic on The FAFSA Process.
Not ready to apply, but want to estimate your aid?
On Sept. 14, 2015, President Obama announced two major changes coming soon to the financial aid process. Starting with the 2017-18 academic year, students will be able to:
Submit a FAFSA earlier.
- Students will be able to file a 2017-18 FAFSA as early as Oct. 1, 2016, rather than beginning on Jan. 1, 2017.
Use earlier income information.
- Beginning with the 2017-18 FAFSA, students will report income from an earlier tax year (prior-prior year).
These changes do not affect the current academic year, nor the 2016-17 academic year.
For additional information on the upcoming changes to the FAFSA, visit StudentAid.gov.
FINANCIAL AID AT UW-PLATTEVILLE, 2014-15
- Percentage of students receiving aid: 75%
Total aid awarded: $59 million
- Average award amount: $9843
Total scholarships awarded: $1,577,348
- Awarded to new freshmen: $843,469