Enroll as a Special Student

Students who have already graduated from high school and wish to further their education, but are not immediately seeking a degree from UW-Platteville are considered special students.

Students who are currently in high school and wish to enroll as a special student, visit Special Student - High School to learn more.

How to Apply

  • To apply as a special non-degree student for the fall or spring semesters, complete the UW System Online Admission Application.
  • To apply as a special non-degree student for the summer session, complete the special student application located in the Office of the Registrar.

Although transcripts are not required, prospective students are required to have graduated from a recognized high school or its equivalent.

Students who, after having been a special student, wish to seek a degree must complete the admission process for degree-seeking students and matriculate before they have earned 30 semester credits as a special student. It is important to note that special students may not register for more than six semester credits per semester unless authorized by the Registrar's Office or the provost. Students in this category are ineligible for financial aid.

PASS EXPRESS (course catalog)

Special Student - High School

Footer Anchor